A Comprehensive Guide to E-mail Marketing Strategy
The business world has entered into an arena of professionalism and entrepreneurship.
In this worldwide tech-savvy realm, emails play a very crucial role in establishing professional communication with the target audience. Not only in B2B but also in B2C businesses, e-mails are essential assets that allow businesses to interact with their clients and customers on a personal level.
However, garnering the benefits of e-mail is not something that every business does efficiently. But, by using some mindboggling techniques and strategies you can polish the arsenal of your e-mails to achieve benefits that no other method can provide you.
And this blog is all about it—to understand the strategies that can propel your business growth. Howbeit, firstly we must know what an e-mail marketing strategy really is.
What is the email marketing strategy?
E-mail marketing is one of the most beneficial digital marketing strategies that you can use to level up your business’s marketing results.
The following factors should be known before diving in e-mail marketing:
• Although it follows a lengthy process to generate leads, e-mail marketing is the most cost-effective DM strategy.
• Even though sending emails for every single aspect may irritate the clients, however if done properly, it can boost the marketing presence of your businesses.
• By properly scheduling your e-mail campaign, you can share your message with your target audience based on their demographics to increase the rate of reading e-mails.
What to Include and How to Collect?
After going through these factors you must be curious to know the strategy of e-mail marketing. Hold your horses, as we first must know the content and attributes that must be included in emails to obtain maximum returns. Generally, you can add these two things to gain more replies.
• You can highlight the benefit of your products and services in your e-mails to attract your potential leads.
• You can give exclusive discounts on your products to drag your customers towards your sales funnel.
Also, you must know the ways to collect the email ids of your target audience. While many organization indulges in illicit purchase of email lists and use tools to gather emails of their target audience, these practices should never be followed as people from these mail lists will simply unsubscribe from your newsletters or spam them.
It is better to let your target audience reach you and subscribe to your mail list organically so that your message is received properly and the possibility of spamming is less. You can use the following pages to receive the email of your target audience and provide them with useful and appropriate information.
A) Opt-in and pop-up forms:
These forms are generally used on blogs and other informative pages, which allow users to enter their credentials (including email) after a go through the content on the page. The blog, in this case, must be informative and engaging enough to crave the reader for more such content.
B) Landing pages:
These pages are widely used in ad-campaigns describing the CTA page of your website. When the user clicks on the ads or promotion links shared on your social media platforms, they are redirected to the landing page of your company’s website. In these landing pages, there must be a, as you guess, an opt-in form for them to fill their personal information. Subsequently, you can also redirect the reader directly from their social media channels to the “Contact Us” Page.
How email marketing strategy can be planned?
1) Hire an Expert Team of Email Strategists:
To adopt an email marketing strategy, you should hire a team of experts having great knowledge of your business. These experts will develop useful content for your newsletter and plan ways to use the gathered customer ids to drive sales. However, make sure that the email marketing team understand your products, services, and industry in which you deal.
2) Formatting of Emails:
Your email marketing team should decide the format of the e-mail which is the crux of the whole procedure. The following guidelines should be considered before writing an email.
• Subject line: The subject line is the aspect that will decide if your mail will be opened or forwarded to the trash folder. It should be descriptive and should summarize the message in one line.
• Greetings: The mail must be started with the greetings or wishes because it shows that you value the time of your reader.
• Formal language: The language used in the mail should be very formal and comprehensive. Refrain from using slang and casual language that is generally used while texting.
• Keep it concise: You should present all the information in a concise manner and that too should be relevant to the receiver. Don’t try to add decorative content in the mails, especially if you are a B2B business.
• E-mail address: The email-ids from which you are sending mails should contain your company’s domain or the solutions you are providing.
• Proofread: The emails should be spell-checked and should be free from any grammatical errors. You should also attach blogs, required documents, webinars, or ppts after analyzing them properly so that the receiver reads a valid and understandable mail.
• Signature: A valid signature includes thankful wishes along with your Name, Contact number, Designation or Profile, and Company’s website. It must be added to the end of every mail.
• Backlink: Don’t add many backlinks in your mails. One backlink to the source is enough. Also, place your “unsubscribe mail” link in a position that is difficult to find.
• Response: Value the time of your reader. To do so, make sure that you respond to the emails of your lead within 24 hours so that you can rapidly move on to other processes.
Now the last but the most crucial part of this strategy is e-mail marketing Funnel or Pipeline.
3) E-mail Marketing Funnel:
Email marketing funnel or pipeline in itself is a very broad concept to understand. It requires a high degree of research, analysis, and collection of informative data to build an effective email strategy. After gathering the targeted audience’s email ids, choose any of the email- campaign tools like CRM to manage the details of the audience in an effective way.
This funnel will filter the exact potential clienteles. Following are the five phases of this funnel:
Awareness: In this phase, the emails sent should contain informative or educational data. This phase aware of your audience about your brand’s existence.
Hence in this mail, you should include a small bio of your company along with services you offer to the receiver’s niche.
When you send these emails to your target audience, you will get to know:
• The number of people who are not interested and want to leave out.
• The number of fake email ids.
The above contacts then should be removed from the email list before you initiate your second phase.
Consideration/Interested: In this phase, you should briefly explain about your products, services, and solutions by providing Follow-ups, Blogs, Webinars, and Seminars to make the receiver understand how these products and services are useful for him/her.
In this, the receiver who is interested will ask for documents like NDA, SOW, etc.
Conversion: In this phase, the NDA, SOW, etc. are provided to the clients. Meetings can be held through video conference calls, F2F meetings or via any other method.
All the requirements of clients get considered and a final proposal as per his requirements is prepared. The budget gets fixed and all formalities are done in this phase.
Loyalty: In this phase, a continuous response is shared with the client to tell him about the continuous progress. The quality should be considered the most prominent factor. And finally, the product or the solution after being developed should be delivered to the client.
Maintain a healthy relationship by offering them good quality along with one-time free maintenance. You can also send them notifications about great deals or updates in existing products and solutions.
Advocacy: Feedback plays a very important role. The successful email marketing campaign is one that turns the customer into a Brand Advocate. It is essential for your business as it helps your product or service to rank in SERP.
You should add testimonials to your websites with their feedbacks and if the feedback is negative try to improve it and satisfy your client.
E-mail marketing is the most effective online tactic used for lead generation. There are some facts which may make this strategy ineffective so be alert before sending emails:
• You should only contact those audiences who belong to your niche.
• You should never disturb a receiver again, once s/he sends you a “Remove me”, “leave out”, or “not interested” mail.
• Send mails as per your targeted audience’s suitable timings. Do not irritate them by sending them emails at inappropriate timings.
By keeping these in your mind you will escape from mail spamming issue.
There is an increasing demand for transformation that not only fits our lifestyle but also comprehends our businesses. You should integrate new technologies and techniques into your business. If implemented properly, the e-mail marketing strategy will give you the best possible response in very little time.