React vs Angular vs Vue- Which is the Best Front-End Technology for Web Apps?
General Architecture of Angular, React and Vue
The Angular framework belongs to the MEAN stack, which is the hottest technology stack for building high-performance websites. Angular is composed of modules, services and components. Every component has a Class or a Template that defines the application logic and Metadata (also known as decorators) that guide where the building blocks are present to create and present the project.
The templates in Angular are written in HTML and may include special directives to output reactive data and render multiple elements. Components use services for delegating business-logic tasks (for example: fetching data or validating input). This framework is based on TypeScript and is mainly used for building single-page web applications (SPAs).
This open-source, front-end library is primarily used for developing user interfaces since it introduces a flexible front-end solution without having to enforce a specific project structure. A few code lines are all that's needed to get started with React, and hence it is comparatively a simpler language to learn and implement.
Vue is an open-source Model-View-View-Model (MVVM) front-end JS library used to develop user interfaces and Single Page Applications (SPAs). When used with other tools to create a dynamic UI, Vue shows versatility, high performance and provides an optimal user experience on a web application. The ViewModel layer in Vue is used to make sure that the application data is processed to allow the framework to render an up-to-date view. Vue's syntax combines recognizable HTML with special directives and features that enable a developer to create View components that are reusable, self-contained and small.
Distinguishing Factors between React, Angular and Vue
Document Object Model (DOM) manipulation: It helps a developer understand which framework performs better for highly dynamic applications.
Startup time: : The framework that will provide a faster initial load time is especially useful for applications that require more speed.
Memory allocation: : The framework that operates better with the allocated memory while performing bulk operations such as reading or writing thousands of records from the database.
Let's give you a snapshot of the factors that distinguish Angular, React and Vue.
- Seamless third-party integrations for improving and enhancing the functionality of the product/application, especially in terms of DOM Manipulation.
- The entire web page will be re-rendered even if only a single item is changed due to the regular DOM being used.
- Faster load time and security strength, thanks to its compiler.
- A robust collection of components for better writing, altering and using the code.
- The MVC model helps in performing queries in the background and separating views. It also helps developers to build rich and single-page applications.
- Decoupling components allows for reusability and ease of management and testing of components.
- Best used in complex applications that require frequent changes because of efficient DOM manipulation.
- Virtual DOM is used, where the copy of the updated elements in the DOM will be compared to a snapshot of the regular DOM, and then just the modified components are re-rendered.
- Supports bundling and tree-shaking for reducing the end users' resource loads, thereby improving website load and startup time.
- One-way data-binding support for better project control.
- React JS library has a large community of coders and developers to offer quick solutions to any problem encountered during development.
- In terms of the learning curve, React is the quickest to learn and adapt as compared to Vue and Angular.
- Helps to create efficient and sophisticated single-page applications.
- Virtual DOM is used, where the copy of the updated elements in the DOM will be compared to a snapshot of the regular DOM, and then just the modified components are re-rendered
- The size of the Vue framework is small that makes it faster to download and install
- The great thing about the virtual DOM in Vue.js is that it allows updating elements in a web page without rendering the whole DOM.
- Faster learning curve.
- High-end features for versatility.
Quick Summary of Angular, React and Vue
- Developed by Google in 2010.
- Follows MVC (Model-View-Controller) model.
- Examples of Angular in action: The popular payment application -PayPal and British newspaper "Guardian" are examples of Angular projects.
- Efficient and dynamic property, backward compatibility, seamless integration with other frameworks is what makes this technology a popular choice among developers.
- Allows for code reusability, thereby enhancing performance.
- Examples of Angular in action: Popular social media websites like Facebook and Instagram are examples of React powered projects.
- Built by Google ex-developer Evan You.
- Open Source lightweight framework that delivers high performance.
- Improves web pages with better TypeScript and API, allowing developers to compress logic into composition functions and reuse the same across multiple components.
- Examples of Angular in action: Vue is used in popular Chinese websites like Alibaba and Baidu.
In a survey conducted by Stackoverflow , React stands in the topmost position of most loved and wanted frameworks by developers. React is followed by Vue, and lastly, Angular. While developing a web app, it is best advisable to choose a front-end platform only after considering all the advantages and downsides of the three frameworks.
Wish to have an amazing web application that is designed and custom-developed just for your business? Biz4Group is your ideal technology partner for all the custom app development needs. We have a proven track record in delivering performance-oriented web and mobile apps with top-notch quality deliverables. Get in touch with our experts to book a free consultation session today!!