Content Marketing Statistics You Need to Know In 2020
The modern marketing world is changing and evolving at a dynamic pace, especially when focused upon the online platforms. As the audience is changing from baby boomers to millennials and now Gen Z, the strategy for content marketing is also reshaping continually to stay updated with the consumer interest. One can easily say the race is pacing with every passing hour and market players must gear up to stay ahead in this race, else they will lose the game.
From video and live-streaming online content platforms like Youtube and Tiktok or engaging tweets and buzz on twitter handles, the social media part of the content marketing is playing a crucial role in changing the viewer landscape. As per a recent report of HubSpot, 54% of consumers prefer to see video content of the brand they support. With latest smartphones and AI-powered assistants like Alexa and Siri, voice searches are also gaining prominence in the market. Another feature that is taking a bigger shape in this era is the conversational marketing. Whether it is email marketing, live chat support, chatbots, etc. conversational marketing has proven itself to be an engaging experience for customer and surely will take a bigger shape in near future.
Here is the list of some of the major statistics related to content marketing that will reshape the market and industry in 2020:
1. 92% of marketers reported that their company views content as a business asset, as per a research of content marketing institute.
2. 78% of content marketers incorporate press release services into their content strategy as per a research by Cision.
3. Changes to SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the top concern with 61% weightage in content marketing organizations, further followed by social media algorithm changes with 45% weightage, as per a research by Content marketing Institute.
4. Among all types of visual contents, stock photography and infographics are the most frequently used ones with probability of 40% and 37% respectively.
5. Another report of Growcode stated that use of videos on landing pages will improve conversions by 86%.
6. Omnicore in its survey also stated that video content can drive organic traffic upto 50 times more than plain text.
7. Even website security takes a large share in deciding the market impact. As per a survey of Blue Corona, 84% of customers don’t make any purchase if they are dealing with an unsecured website.
8. The business world is evolving at such a pace that B2B ecommerce sales will outgrow B2C ecommerce sales by 2020 as per survey by eCommerce platforms.
9. A detailed survey by New Media Campaigns revealed that Organic SEO is 5.66 times better than paid search ads. Therefore, 2020 is going to be the year of organic SEO.
10. HubSpot has once again cleared the fact that page speed optimization is #1 technical SEO tactic to improve site performance.
11. Another revealing fact that came from HubSpot stated that 61% of marketers keep SEO improvisation as their top inbound marketing priority to grow their online presence.
12. MarTech also stated that 70-80% search engine users focus only on organic results, which in turn, makes it crucial for companies to rank organically on search engine results.
13. Growcode in its 2020 report has highlighted that the average ecommerce industry conversion rate is 2.04%. That means there prevails a cutthroat competition among companies to increase traffic on their sites organically.
14. A revealing fact from Statista, has cleared that 52% of web traffic worldwide comes from mobile and therefore smartphone users and shoppers are the major decision makers for success of a website.
15. As per Jody Nimetz, Google drives 96% of the mobile search traffic and with the recent algorithm changes in Google, companies are required to stress more on mobile first practices to gain consumer trust.
16. Another fact from Google specifies that 53% of mobile users intend to switch to other website if it takes more than 2 seconds of loading time.
17. As per a survey of content marketing institute, around 61% of B2B content marketers increased their social media usage in 2019, which will further grow in 2020 giving greater weightage to the social media segment.
18. In the recent year, Email marketing has been a primary lead generation channel for 89% of marketers and set to grow further in the year 2020, as per Juvlon.
19. Further, videos added to email content can increase click rates 300% according to reports by Martech Advisor.
20. When it comes to email marketing, 62% of customers open emails because of a personalized subject line, whereas, 40% of consumers prefer that company mails should be more informative rather than being promotional one.
21. In content marketing domain, blogs also play a crucial role. Statista has projected that by 2020, the number of bloggers is expected to reach 31.7 million.
22. HubSpot has revealed that 43% of B2B marketers say blogging is the most important content that they produce. Therefore, it is crucial for companies to maintain a good repository of long posts related to their domain and constantly update the same.
23. Point Visible in its report claimed that long-form long posts generate 9 times more leads than other types.
24. 53% of marketers stress more on creating blog as their top inbound marketing priority, as per a study by state of Inbound.
25. In the current market scenario, 63% of marketers are actively investing in search engine optimization and this figure is going to grow bigger in 2020.